10 Hacks to Prolong the Smell of Your Perfume
It’s summertime again and it’s time for fun activities and playing out in the sun. But… Aside from the summer fun, this season also brings another guest — sweat! So keeping a perfume handy is really a game changer. Here’s some life (and budget) saving hacks to get the most out of your perfumes.
1. If you want your fragrances to last longer, don’t store them in your bathroom or other damp, warm places.
Store them in cool, dry spots like on the vanity in your room and away from windows. Heat, light, and humidity will break down the perfume and lessen the quality of the fragrance.
2. Rub Vaseline on your pulse points before spraying your perfume to make the scent last longer.
The ointment will hold the fragrance to your skin longer than if you were to spray it onto dry skin.
3. Spray your perfume right after taking a shower and before getting dressed.
The moisture on your skin will help lock in the scent.
4. Target pulse points and warm areas on your body when spraying perfume.
The warm areas will help diffuse the fragrance across your entire body and spraying your ankles and calves will allow the scent to rise throughout the day.
5. For a lighter scent, spray the fragrance in the air and slowly walk into the mist.
The spray will distribute evenly across your body and leave you with a hint of fragrance for occasions when you don’t want to smell as strong.
6. Don’t dab the fragrance on your wrists after spraying.
If you rub your wrists together, you’ll force the top notes to disappear faster than intended and as a result, make your fragrance not last as long.
7. Apply an unscented lotion before your fragrance.
Oily complexions retain fragrances longer, so if you have dry skin, use a moisturizer first to help lock in the scent.